Mushroom Risotto for 2
Hello lovebirds (or what ever... we don't judge here!)
If you're here, then you're obviously looking for the instructions for your Dirty Date Night kit. So let's get it on!
Shopping List / Ingredients
No need to go fancy with any of the below (except the butter) just make sure its of decent quality.
As for the wine, make it something you actually want to drink, its actual style doesn't really matter that much in the end. And unless you are an aficionado in the kitchen, do not hesitate to grab a pre-prepared ingredient. Tonight is about fun and bonding with your person!
You can also add your choice of grilled protein to the final plating but that's entirely up to you
*The wine is optional. If you opt out, replace it and additional 1/2 cup of stock and enjoy another beverage
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or paste
- 1 large or 2 small shallots, finely diced
- 6 oz mushrooms sliced, button or baby Bella
- 1 tsp thyme, fresh or dried
- 1 tbl parsley, fresh or dried
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine, you actually might want to get two bottles but that's up to you
- 1/2 cup arborio rice
- 2 1/4 cups stock or broth, chicken or vegetable
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, plus a little more to sprinkle on top
- 1 tbl butter, plugra or kerrigold or similar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Light up the candle that came in your kit and start the linked playlist. Let's get the mood started!
- Pop open that wine bottle and pour a couple of glasses to enjoy throughout the evening
- Repeat step 2 as needed
- Heat a large skillet for a few minutes over medium heat
- Add your olive oil and allow to heat for a few moments
- Add in your shallots, garlic, and a pinch of salt
- Cook for 3-5 minutes until fragrant and slightly translucent
- Stir in the mushrooms and cook for 5-7 minutes until they soft and browned ever so slightly
- Refresh your drink if needed, from this point on there is no walking away (don't worry though, it's not that long nor that difficult!)
- Add the butter to the pan and allow to melt.
- Once melted stir in the rice and let each grain get all lovely and buttery and toasted! This will take roughly 2-4 minutes and you may start to get a slight scent of popcorn.
- Once the rice is toasted, add the 1/2 cup of wine (you did save some right?) and and stir constantly until it has been absorbed by the rice. It should look thick and creamy!
- Next add ALL of the stock (yes, this breaks with tradition but we promise it works.) From here you will need to stir constantly to ensure nothing sticks to the pan.
- Add a pinch of salt and continue stirring the pan and sipping your wine while enjoying a lovely conversation with your partner or dancing to the music!
- Once 1/2 of the stock has been absorbed stir in the herbs
- Taste a bit of the liquid and add salt and pepper to your liking
- Continue stirring and cooking until the rice becomes thick and creamy. When dragging a spatula across the bottom of the pan, its path should be clean and the rice should slowly fill it back up.
- Sample a grain of the rice, its should be soft but have a bit of a bite. If you'd like a softer rice add just a touch of water or stock and cook a little longer.
- Once you're happy with the texture, fold in the parmesan cheese reserving a little for the top of the final dish.
- Check your seasoning and adjust to your taste
- Spoon the finished rice into serving bowls and top with a final sprinkle of cheese
- Enjoy your home cooked, candle lit dinner with your date!
It's ALWAYS time for wine!
After adding the shrooms
Step 17, illustrated.
Grab A Date Night For Yourself
Subscribe for Newsletter
The latest news, events and stories delivered right to your inbox